LUXURY CAMPING IN THE HEART OF SWANAGE
Swanage Bijou Glamping
Swanage, Purbeck, Dorset
Luxury Bell Tents
We are closer than any other camp area to:
Swanage Town Centre
Swanage Steam Railway
Luxury Camping in the heart of Swanage
NEW for 2019 Swanage Bijou Camping at Kirkwood Park introduces Swanage Bijou Glamping. Pre-erected comfortable and spacious bell tents, each kitted out for a memorable stay under canvas. You can relax and start enjoying your holiday as soon as you arrive without the struggle of having to put up your tent (or take it down!) or (if you have taken the optional extra) even organise your own bedding.
Just arrive and relax!
Romantic camping in style; we offer 5 meter diameter luxury bell tents already erected in their own area, with comfortable interior furnishings like carpets, double height double bed, with practical exterior additions to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Beautiful secluded area
Although in Swanage, the level lawn site is screened and surrounded by high hedges, and trees with a proper countryside feel. We allow open fires and bbq's by your tent for a complete camping experience! We provide good recycling facilities so you can keep your conscience plastic free too!
Every comfortable tent comes with tea and coffee facilities, wind brake, picnic table, lantern, and everything for your own camp fire. Centrally located flushing toilets, washing up basins and free hot showers are provided near the reception and your car space is just thirty seconds away.
Romantic camping in style...
We offer 5 meter diameter bell tents already erected in their own bell tent area. Here are some of the things our guests like most about our site:-
- The site is on a level lawn, screened and surrounded by high hedges with a rural ambience, while only a pleasant 7 minute level amble across the park to Swanage beach or town centre. This means no traffic and parking hassles, no £8 per day Council parking fees and no designated driver issues as it is an easy walk to all shops, pubs and restaurants.
- The spacious and comfortable 5 meter diameter tents sleep up to four adults or two adults and up to three children. Each has its own garden area with windbreaker, picnic table and fire pit with log seating in which to barbecue, relax and unwind. A 4 meter diameter tent can be provided, if booked, as an annex for up to three people.
- Cars are separate to the camping area so no worries about the kids playing, radios or engine noise (wheelbarrows are provided to help you move your stuff the 30 meters or so.)
- Free centrally located facilities, including proper flushing loos, sinks, washing up, free hot showers, freezer, fridge and electric points.
- We back onto huge playing fields which feature a free quality adventure playground and extensive skateboard park all of which is accessed without having to go on the road, so you can send the kids off for an hour or two to work off some energy, worry free!
- Friendly staff who work on a personal footing with customers and will try to accommodate requests where possible (i.e. when not full), like visitor parking, late departures or early arrivals without penalty fees.
- Quiet site, no electric hook up so no TV next door and we security patrol at night to enforce our noise policy (hushed voices from 11pm and silence from midnight), and no karaoke bar!
Central location in the heart of Swanage
- Closest and easy walking distance to Swanage's town centre and sandy beaches.
- It's a pleasant 7 minute level walk across the park to beach or town centre
- No traffic and parking hassles
- No £8 per day Council parking fees, or drink driving issues.
- And it is an easy walk to all shops, pubs and restaurants.
- Just arrive and relax!
What you Get
Inside your Bell Tent you will find...
- One double height double luxury airbed and up to three optional single airbeds.
- Bedding and towels are optional at additional cost for all bookings.
- Hot water bottle.
- Scatter pillows for internal use only.
- Bean bags for internal use only.
- Floor mats and rugs.
- Low table.
- Ottoman storage chest.
- Box for storing free tea, herbal tea, coffee, sugar, mugs, tea spoon, glasses, bottle opener, camping kettle and lighter (for outside fire use only).
- Mobile phone charging battery with free top ups for it at reception (bring your own USB charging cable!)
- Led T-light chandelier or led lantern. (Naked flames or smoking are NOT allowed in any of the tents at any time and will incur loss of deposit).
- Pets are welcome in the bell tents but please bring their own basket or mat. . . . .and definitely not on the beds please!
What you Get
Outside your Bell Tent you will find...
- Parking space for one car, less than half a minute’s walk from your tent.
- Wind breaker.
- Picnic table.
- Campfire seating logs.
- Fire tray with first night ‘spark free’ fire log.
- Water bottle.
- T-light lantern.
- Single burner Calor gas burner with camping kettle. (First gas cylinder included.)
- Washing up bowl, liquid and fresh cloth.
- Drinking water, washing up facilities, flushing toilets and free hot showers are provided nearby.
You will need to bring...
- Further cooking equipment if you plan to cook and one burner is not enough.
- Your own cooking pots, pans, utensils, crockery and cutlery.
- Extra blankets if you wish
- Plastic cool box or similar in which to store your food.
- Note:- A communal refrigerator for milk and freezer for ice packs are provided nearby free of charge.
- Caution:- If you have not taken the bedding option you shall need to bring all of your own bedding and towels.
- If you wish to bring a gazebo, additional vehicle or trailer these can normally be accommodated with an additional daily fee of £5 each
Checkin & Checkout Times
As your tent may have to be got ready for another customer all stays commence at 4.pm. and your tent must be vacated by 10am.
We understand that sometimes unforeseen events happen however we reserve the right to keep deposits for any reservation if not given two weeks’ notice in writing (e-mail). The early leaving of the site shall not obtain a refund unless over-ruled at the managers’ discretion.
We try to run a simple campsite without too many fussy rules however we do insist on a noise policy of hushed voices from 11 p.m. and silence from midnight. We also request children and dogs to be kept quiet until 8am. If they are boisterous please take them to the park next door! Fires must be located in the tray provided and at least three meters away from any tent. No open flames or smoking are allowed in the tents, and no generators please!
Free hot showers ©
Flushing Loos ©
Central to Town
Free electric points ©
Free shared fridge ©
Free shared freezer ©
One free parking space ©
Free mobile phone charging
Gas burner & Kettle
Level walk to town and beach
Level lawn site
Camp fire facilities at your tent
© Denotes facility centrally located near reception building.
High Season is
Carnival Week (26th July to 5th August) & Bank Holiday Weekend (23rd to 27th of August).
Low Season is
all other days we are open.
Three night weekend stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Four night mid-week stay
Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs
Whole Week stay
Fri to Fri or Mon to Mon
Towels and all bedding – £70 per tent per booking.
A security deposit of £200 is required for each booking as a late night noise bond and an accidental damage deposit.
Ideal location for
Central location in Swanage and the only campsite within a short walk to Swanage Carnivals centre of activities at Sandpit Field.
Bell tents can be booked for either a three night weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) stay, a four night mid-week (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs) stay or for a whole week stay. Shorter stays may be possible but by special arrangement only and may incur once off cleaning fee.
Fab location. Clean and simple facilities. No hassle. One of our best holidays with our four children and visiting in-laws. Wish it could be open for half terms too!Angela Chadwick
Loved it! Been there twice both brilliant!Katya Sims
Fantastic stay at this campsite. Its quiet, clean and has every resource needed. There are several fields to camp in, separated by small streams and woodlands. The site feels peaceful and safe with well-maintained facilities. A hot breakfast van is available during the mornings hosted by very attentive staff, I noted children are served warm hot chocolate – as opposed to the boiling hot version outdoor hospitality stands tend to offer.
The owner of the campsite, Andy, is very passionate about maintaining the integrity of his business-vision and this is reflected in real customer service. Andy implements and expects good standards by all and this provided our stay with a genuine experience, rather than being treated as visitors to a profit machine. Everything that is available is well-thought out and has an ethical purpose. .Nicola Elam
Hot showers, clean toilets, quiet. Short walking distance to town. Perfect.Chris Forward
What a great little find! Lovely site with a rural feel but in town so everything in walking distance. Friendly helpful staff, great breakfast van, and clean facilities. Will be back.Football fancy
It’s a lovely camping! If you wanna get the most out of your summer, don’t look any further, get a tent and spend time in this great camping, very good and clean facilities, walk distance to the beach and town center, and great camping site, green grass and separate from the cars. Good entratainment too with golf and football golf. The whole area is also very beautiful. Thank you for having us, looking forward for our next visit.Francesco Petretto
Visit SWANAGE in Style
We Have Vacancies!
Romantic camping in style; we offer 5 meter diameter luxury bell tents already erected in their own area, with comfortable interior furnishings.
01929 426 809
Kirkwood Park, Victoria Avenue, Swanage, Dorset. BH19 1AR
Pre-erected luxury bell tents all kitted out for a comfortable stay under canvas. You can relax and start enjoying your holiday as soon as you arrive without the struggle of having to put up your tent or take it down!
01929 426 809
Kirkwood Park, Victoria Avenue, Swanage, Dorset. BH19 1AR